Friday, August 04, 2006

Crash! Boom! Bang!

First off, yes that is a song lyric, look it up.

Gavin played a fun game yesterday where he would just run and plop onto the ground on purpose. He started with something soft like the couch, upgraded to carpet, then was daring and did the kitchen floor. He found the hard floor made the best sound so for the rest of the night we just heard "hee hee hee hee BANG hee hee hee hee BANG".

So far that's been a one night thing, but I'm sure it will come back at some point.

Gavin has reached the age where he's beginning to act out, throwing toys for one thing. Our first line of punishment was responded too with laughing, which is never a good sign. We're trying to do a time out by putting him in his stroller and strapping him in. We tried sitting him in a corner, but that just won't work with a boy who's first rule is FREEDOM. It seems to have some success so far.

Gavin is also giving head first diving a try. He'll go belly down on the couch then slide off head first. It sometimes makes a loud thump, but he seems undamaged (and actually happy afterwards). His header off the stairs however I wasn't quite as amused with. Luckily, though I was at the bottom and he was at the top of the flight, I was able to catch him mid-fall, so no damage done. It does mean we have to start watching him on the stairs again. He's been so good on them that we've gotten a bit lax.

I've often cursed the fact I was born deaf in my right ear. But now with Gavin enjoying the banging of his pots, and also the putting away and taking back out of his pots, I've found it a nice benefit. Though I'm sure it drives my wife crazy at times.

Well this one is sort of a rambler (I'm very tired) so I'll end here and start afresh with something new tommorow.

No comments: