Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Take a little walk right through our home

Posts are probably going to come rapid fire over the next few days, that is if I remember everything I want to post about :)

I must start by giving thanks to M&K for hosting us during the power outtage. They kept us and 5 others in air-conditioning for 2 nights. They may find it to be no big deal, but it is to me. Home is a sanctuary, and sharing it with no notice and no visible end in sight was a huge guesture. I guess they DO like us. Even though it is MY puck.

A great deal of fun was had though, the children had fun running around each other, and M & I had fun playing some Guild Wars :)

It is a difficult to abandon your home, even for a short while. The walls seem to speak with deep sorrow when I must depart for a while, and it always hits me a bit. It also is because I'm definatly a homebody. It has been pointed out by Sarahlynn that given a choice of destinations, I would choose my home. And she's quite right. I work so hard to pay for this place, and to improve it, I like the ability to actually enjoy it from time to time.

Also related to that is why we don't have a cleaning person like some of our friends. In my view:
1) Its my house, its my job to clean it.
2) I don't like strangers in my house.

#1 comes from my mother, and #2 is just the way I am. Though I will admit finding time to clean the house with Gavin gets harder and harder. Once he gets older I'll be putting the kid to work though!

On a final note, don't disrespect the host. I see this from time to time and it just pisses me off. I don't care what problems you have, don't bring it into that person's house. There are a lot of reasons I don't talk to one of my old roommates anymore, but at the top of the list was the massive disrespect I got when they visited the house, and when I was paying most of the rent.

Don't do it, I have a Claymore and I'm not afraid to use it!

No comments: