Sunday, August 19, 2007

Reservations on the next train to the moon

I've been away for a while, work has been hectic, home life has been hectic, blah blah blah

We suffered a strange illness in our son that even had our doctor scratching her head. Basically, after a day of sickness & vomiting, he would be fine the next morning. But then, at 4pm he's just shut down in a very disturbing manner. He'd just lay on the floor, not wanting to eat, saying he's sleepy, and basically being miserable. He'd want to be put to bed, then come stumbling out, come right up to me, then plop down in my lap, or on the floor. Maybe some more vomiting.

The next morning, he'd be fine, until 4pm rolled around again, then we repeated the drill all week.

When your child is energy personified, this is pretty much my personal hell. Thankfully, on Saturday when 4pm came around, he was his old bouncy self. He then started eating the whole house, so we were happy again.

The pieces of my new computer arrived, and for the first time, when I put it together, it wouldn't turn on. This was a problem. 3 tech support calls, a 2nd power supply and 5 days later it was determined that I needed to send my motherboard back. So it will probably be another week before I have a computer again.

All in all, not a great week.

No comments: