Monday, July 30, 2007

Now I’ve looked in the mirror and the worlds getting clearer

By the time you read this, I'll be 32, happy birthday to me :)

Unfortunately its going to be during a work day, and even worse than that it will be on a 'meeting' day AND a product release day. So no lazy day for me. The challenge will be to find time to do my ritual listening to "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" straight through. Since its 90 minutes, that isn't very easy during a work day. I'll probably have to wait for Gavin to go to bed and listen while Pam watches 'Big Brother'. Or I'll camp out in an empty conference room and not tell anyone where I am.

We had visits from Gavin at 2am and 5am last night. He wasn't hard to put back in bed, I'm thinking he's just randomly waking up, and since he's up, he figures he should come to our room. At least he isn't going downstairs and setting off the alarm. At least not yet. I'm slowly getting accustomed to getting up earlier in the morning. I've never been an early bird, I much prefer staying up later. Gavin isn't giving me much of a choice these days though, so I'm adjusting.

Finally saw the Bourne Identity tonight, good flick. I'll be interested to see how they tie in the sequel. My neighbors invited me to a guy's afternoon out to see the 3rd one this weekend, so I need to catch up :)

Speaking of our neighbors, we had a block party over the weekend which went pretty well. We tried it in a row of back yards instead of the cul-de-sac for a change. It worked pretty well though lighting was an issue as the night went on, but we managed. The kids all had a great time grazing on junk food and running every which way. We had some friends in from out of town, and we also had M&K (w/ C&T) join us giving a nice sized contingent.

You know I'm tired when I'm congratulating myself on spelling 'contingent' correctly on the first try, go me.

On a random side note, I've been amazed at how much the latest Tori Amos and Charlotte Martin albums have been sticking with me. After months, they're still on my current favorite listening play list. Cardboard Ladders, The Dance, Redeemed, Digital Ghost, Secret Spell, Girl Disappearing, Dragon and Programmable Soda seem to be destined to be long time favorites of mine.

I know that no one took me up on my call to buy the "Playing the Angel" album by Depeche Mode (yes, I checked when I was over at your house, deal). But give those tracks a try.

And so as the clock is soon to toll midnight on another year of my survival, I shall sign off with this

And all we have is who we are
And where we been got us this far
So let me go

1 comment:

Lance said...

Interesting. I had no idea that I am exactly two days older than you are.

Happy Birthday!