Thursday, August 14, 2008

Some people want to know what it feels like to fly

I've been watching the live olympic gymnastics, and I have to say, I miss tape delay. Surely they can show something else that happened during the day while they do warm-ups. Actually its the fact the commentators feel they need to talk ALL the time. They run out of things to say really fast, so they go into repeat mode. Oh well, it gives me time to actually blog again.

BTW, the last review I did actually ended up linked on Liz Tormes's site, so anyone following that link....hi! The review is down below this post.

Speaking of that, I recommended that you all go buy "Black Luck", how many of you did that? You don't trust me enough to spend 99 cents on iTunes? I'm not judging, I just find it a interesting psychological question.

Let's see, since last I left you, I took Gavin to my cousin's wedding in Maryland. It was a no-kid wedding, but if I left Pam at home alone with a 2 month old and a 3 year old.....so Gavin came with me to Maryland.

Gavin's first plane ride where he got his own seat went very well. He told everyone he could that he was going on a plane ride. Even when they were on the plane with him. Of course, 15 minutes up in the air, he got over it and wanted to watch his movies. Strangely, he enjoys turbulence ("Daddy, it's bumpy!").

I'll hand it to Gavin, he knows how to turn on the charm. Within one evening, he had the adoration of every family member (and non-family) that he met. His crowning moment came when he found an old guitar, out of tune and missing a string, and started strumming and singing his heart out. People kept drifting in to watch him and cheer him on.

Luckily a baby-sitter was arranged for Gavin so I could enjoy the wedding. By the way, my family can drink your family under the table. They definitely proved that during the reception, and kept going even after I had to leave. It was a great wedding and we had a lot of fun.

I always enjoy seeing my cousins (of which I have very many), it's tough I don't get to see them as much these days. Gavin enjoyed seeing his great-grandparents and exploring the farm. My granddad has been selling off his land as this is now a hot up and coming area. It's weird seeing what used to be an empty plot of land behind the house now filled with 2 million dollar homes. Progress I guess.

Back at home, Ian keeps growing. He is finally putting together a 5 hour sleep session at night. He's beginning to smile and even laugh a little bit. Mom & Dad came to visit which means he could be held constantly. And a held Ian is a happy Ian. We were all pretty much couch potatoes for the visit, my family loves the olympics. My favorite is volleyball, beach and normal. But we'll watch any event :)

By the way, the judging for the women's gymnastics all-around is incredibly insane. They are all over the place, one mistep by one is equated with 10 misteps with another. I wonder if they give a base value then roll some dice.

This post is getting more and more disjointed, so I'm going to stop this while I'm ahead. I've caught you up on the major stuff going on, I can talk about something more interesting next time.

1 comment:

BriteLady said...

As of 8 am Thursday, you're tagged with a meme. Feel free to ignore if you like :) But I don't have much time to post for the next couple of days.....