Monday, April 30, 2007

Bull in a China Shop

So we were on our walk on Sunday, for the first time we went sans stroller. Gavin was doing pretty well and we stopped by the park at the top of the hill for some serious sliding. To our dismay, we found that someone had been there recently, with some spray paint.

Now, realistically the slides still work, but its just irritating. If people want to paint so bad, I have some rooms in my house you can work on. I can understand being bored, but what situation are you in where your thought process goes to paint and a toddler's playground?

On a happier note, this year's hockey playoffs have not disappointed. Its been high-energy, close games most of the way through. There's even been some double overtimes. And if there's anything I like better than playoff hockey, its overtime playoff hockey. I'm watching San Jose vs. Detriot now, and San Jose just took the lead. Which is a good thing. People who know me know I'm not the largest fan of San Jose, but I absolutely hate the Detriot Red Wings. No sport can truly be enjoyed if you don't have an enemy, and Detroit & New Jersey are mine. No offense to the cities of course, all I have to say is I'm a Blues & Penguins fan and they'll understand :)

Its been about 2 months since Pam stopped working. All in all I think its been a good thing, Gavin is happier, Pam is happier (though still very busy), and so I'm happier. Gavin's conversation skills have also jumped dramatically since she's started staying at home. Plus it means I get Gavin blowing kisses out the window at me when I leave for work, and who doesn't want that?

Now, to be clear, I don't have any problems with my wife working. I'm not quite that old fashioned. However her last job was such soul-sucking hell (my words, not hers), life is just better because of it. Frankly I'd like it better if she got a nice worthwhile high paying job so I could stay home instead. I'd make a good stay at home Dad. Except for the cooking. Pam doesn't cook because we're an old fashioned family, she cooks for the sake of her health and taste buds. You should never, EVER give me spices without explicit instructions. I'll take something that just needs a pinch for 2 gallons of food, and slather it over everything. Its just the way I think. I can follow a recipe, but don't ask me to be creative. Your stomach will not thank you.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Um, Scott, New Jersey's a whole state. - Phil

Unknown said...

Hee Hee, someone caught that little insult, I wondered if that was going to be too subtle.