Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Current favorite albums

What's this? Didn't I just post earlier today? Thanks for paying attention! All one of you. Hey, the title of this blog starts with 'Chaotic' for a reason. But the real reason is that I'm doing a large test run and so this what I'm going to be doing while that goes on. Anyway....back to music.
My current favorite albums.....
Mad Season - Matchbox 20
While liking their 1st & 3rd albums (I believe their first is my wife's favorite), #2 strikes a chord. The album is...melancholy, and I love it. I'm weird like that.

Wreck Of The Day - Anna Nalick
Discovered this one when iTunes was displaying free videos. Slow and fast, sweet and rough, this album has a good mix that is good to listen too.

On Your Shore - Charlotte Martin
I don't know many people who know this artist (besides my sister-in-law), but she does a good mix of classical piano mixed with pop. The songs are well crafted, and her rendition of Wild Horses should not be missed. If you've heard the song Every Time It Rains, this is her.

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
For some reason this album sticks with me more than Dark Side or the Wall right now. That might change later. I can't help but wonder what if the song Wish You Were Here would be like if they played with that musical idea for more than 2 minutes.

Youth - Collective Soul
I waited a LONG time for a new Collective Soul album. Their albums have so much energy its hard not to get sucked in. This one is just good fun listening.

And now we'll round this out with the top song list as my test run is still going...
The Carpet Crawlers - Genesis
Every Genesis fan who reads this is nodding, everyone else is going eh?
2112 - Rush
All the Rush fans who were planning to stone me for not mentioning 2112 as a top favorite album can put their stones away now.
Supper's Ready - Genesis
Its about a 25 minute song, people don't really have the paitence for that kind of thing these days. Its a shame, because some of them are really really good. This is one of them.
An Island In The Darkness - Tony Banks
This is another long goodie. One of my favorite song endings of all time.
Everyday Glory - Rush
This song rocks, and the lyrics will get you motivated.
Before I Walk On Fire - Sophie B. Hawkins
Its hard for me to even think of a song that is as well crafted as this. It blends modern & classical together in a way that is pure elegant beauty.
When It Don't Come Easy - Patty Griffin
If you've ever gotten a mix from me, this song has probably been on it.
Walk On - U2
A well crafted song. Another good ending.

And that's enough of that.

No comments: