Monday, April 24, 2006

In a moment we could make heads turn

Sometimes it takes me a while to find a good lyric for the post. This one's a tough one, though Google can probably find it quickly. But that's cheating :)

ANYWAY, It's the hockey playoffs!!! The only thing better than playoff hockey in sports, is overtime playoff hockey. Which is happening right now with the Montreal/Carolina game. No other sport compares to the energy generated during these playoffs. Screw the Super Bowl, give me the ups and downs of a good playoff matchup any day. Not to slam football (go Steelers!), but the action of hockey during this time of year cannot be denied.

I will never forget my favorite playoff game of Pittsburgh vs. Philly about 5 years ago or so, 7 sudden death overtimes. The goalies were awsome, and the players gave everything they had. Diving saves, players sacrificing their bodies to block shots, face plants to try to get their team the puck. Even though my team didn't win, I still loved that game.

Every player gets it, they're not in the playoffs for the money. They want the shiny thing. The wonderous Stanley Cup. It IS the hardest trophy to get in sports. Every game is played like its going to be their last. Watch a series, any series, and you'll get it.

I've hardly gotten to exercise my Center Ice package this year since I've been busy being a daddy, but its worth its weight in gold for the post-season.

And now we're going to 2nd overtime. Yummy.

By the way, I love this game.

No comments: